Last Updated: 23rd May 2018
At Precision Rehab we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Precision Rehab Limited and are registered in England and Wales under company number 9709254. Our registered office and main trading address is 44b, Hackwood Road, Basingstoke, RG21 3AE. Our VAT number is GB 222 4088 37. You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 (0)1256 300111.
For the purposes of data protection laws in the UK, the data controller is Precision Rehab Limited. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s office under number ZA396730.
If you wish to contact us about our use of your personal data, you can email us at email@example.com
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect and process information about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
This is information about you that you give to us by:
- Requesting product or service information by phone, at a public event such as a trade show or exhibition, or on our website
- Contacting us by filling in forms on our website
- Contacting us by our Social Media pages
- Replying to one of our marketing campaigns (e.g. filling out a response card)
- Registering for a Precision Rehab dealer account
- Requesting to receive email newsletters (e.g. subscribing via our website or filling out a form at a trade show event)
- Corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise
- Participating in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws
The information you give to us may include your forename, surname, email, address (for example your street, town, city, county or postcode), phone, date of birth, company name, and company account code.
You may decide to supply other personal data when you contact Precision Rehab (for example when you send us an email or phone our Sales & services team). If we require personal data during correspondence with you, we will explain to you why we would like this information and what we do with it at each stage.
You can visit the Precision Rehab website without providing any personal data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Combined information
We combine personal data that we collect via the Precision Rehab website with information we receive from other sources (for example if you have consented to receive email newsletters when visiting Precision Rehab at a trade show, training event, opening an account with us or other similar activities). We will always explain how we intend to use your information before you give consent.
We do not collect any personal data about you from third-parties.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
If you are under 16 years of age, please do not provide us with any personal data. Our website is not intended for or targeted at children 16 and under, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children 16 and under. If you believe that we have collected information about a child 16 or under, please contact us using the information found under “Who Are We”, so that we may delete the information.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This section explains how and why we process your personal data, as well as the legal basis on which we carry out this processing.
- When you opt-in to receive permission-based email newsletters
Where you have subscribed to receive email newsletters from us about products, services, promotions, news, events and useful resources, we will process your personal data to provide you with this. Our legal basis for processing your personal data in this way is consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by following the unsubscribe link on any of the email newsletters you receive from us.
- To provide you with the product or service information you request
Where you ask us to provide product or service information to you by email, it is necessary to process your personal data in this way for the performance of a contract with Precision Rehab. This involves passing your personal data through our in-house technology to generate the email with the information and send it to you. We need to process your personal data in this way to provide you this service.
- To receive a product demonstration
Where you ask us to provide a product demonstration, it is necessary to process your personal data in this way for the performance of a contract with Precision Rehab. This will involve sending you emails concerning your request (such as acknowledgements, reminders, and a feedback survey) and contacting you either by phone or email to arrange your demonstration. Product demonstrations may be supplied by one of our third-party product providers (otherwise known as a Precision Rehab Dealer). When we contact you to arrange your demonstration, we will inform you of the Precision Rehab Dealer who will handle your product demonstration and request your consent to pass your personal data to them. We disclose only the personal data that is necessary to deliver your product demonstration. Our legal basis for processing your personal data in this way is consent.
- To answer your questions and enquiries
Where you submit an online enquiry or send us an email, we need to process your personal data to respond to you. If appropriate, we may need to pass your personal data to other internal departments to help with, or reply to your enquiry. These internal departments are not authorised to use or disclose your personal data except as provided in this policy. Please remember if you intend to send sensitive information (such as your disability) it is advisable to contact us by telephone rather than by email or via our website. It is necessary to process your personal data in this way for the performance of a contract with Precision Rehab.
- To enter you into a competition or prize draw
Where you submit your personal data for the purposes of entering a competition or prize draw, we will need to process your personal data to provide this service to you. Our reason for doing so is for the performance of a contract with Precision Rehab.
- To ensure you don’t receive email communications from us when you opt-out
Where you have opted-out of receiving email communications from us, we will process your personal data to assign you to a suppression list. This involves holding on to limited personal data (such as your email). Our legitimate interest for processing your personal data this way is to ensure email communications are no longer sent after you have withdrawn consent.
- To create data sets
We will also process your personal data into an aggregate format where it can be used for reporting purposes (for instance to show the amount of product demonstration requests, measure the success of advertising campaigns or the number of visitors who subscribe to email newsletters). Our legitimate interest for processing your personal data this way is to evaluate the efficiency of marketing campaigns.
- If our business is sold, we will transfer your personal data to a third party
In the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (at all times in accordance with all applicable data protection laws); or if Precision Rehab or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Precision Rehab will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser. Our legitimate interest for processing your personal data this way is to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of your personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Right to Access
You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your personal data which we are processing.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to our processing your personal data where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests (as set out above) or you can show that your interests, rights and freedoms regarding your personal data outweigh our interest to process it. If you ask us to stop processing your personal data on this basis, we will stop unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds as to why the processing should continue in accordance with data protection laws.
Right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to use personal data (for example to receive email newsletters), you can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to the address provided in the “Who We Are” section. If you do choose to withdraw your consent, this will not mean that our processing of your personal data before you withdrew your consent was unlawful.
Where consent is related to email communications, you can exercise your right to withdraw consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email communications we send you. Please remember that if you request to be emailed product information, made a course reservation, made an enquiry or registered for a Dealer account after unsubscribing, you will still receive emails about your request and other administrative messages even if you have opted out of receiving email communications.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you, and have incomplete personal data that we hold about you completed by providing it to us.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to require we erase your personal data which we are processing where at least one of the following grounds applies:
- The processing is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which your personal data was collected for
- Our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have subsequently withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground we can use to process your personal data
- You object to the processing as set out in the “right to object” section of this policy and we have no overriding legitimate interest for our processing
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed and the erasure is required for compliance with a law to which we are subject.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, standard machine readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another controller if the legal basis for processing your personal data is the fulfilment of a contract or consent.
Right to Restriction
You can ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- The accuracy of the personal data is being contested by you
- The processing by us of your personal data is unlawful (but you do not want the relevant personal data erased)
- We no longer need to process your personal data for the agreed purposes (but you want to preserve your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims)
- We are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to our processing on this basis and you want processing of the personal data to be restricted until it can be determined whether our legitimate interest overrides your legitimate interest.
Where any exercise by you of your right to restriction determines that our processing of your personal data is to be restricted, we will then only process the relevant personal data in accordance with your consent and, in addition, for storage purposes and for the purpose of legal claims.
How to exercise your rights
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us using the information in the “Who Are We” section. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, suppression, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will only use your personal data within Precision Rehab for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, and you will not receive marketing from any other companies or other organisations as a result of giving your details to us. However, there are some situations where we use trusted providers to help us with administration of the services you have asked us to supply to you for example:
- Third-Party Product Providers
We need to share your personal data with third-party product providers (Precision Rehab Dealers) to help us to deliver your product demonstration. These “Precision Rehab Dealers” will only act under our instruction and we have a contract in place with them that requires them to keep your information secure and to only use it for the reason it was collected. We will always provide you the name of the Precision Rehab Dealer before disclosing your personal data and require your consent either verbally by phone or by email in order to do so.
- Product Manufactures/ supplier of equipment
We may share your personnel data and or images with our product manufactures in this way for the performance of a contract with Precision Rehab. We will always provide you the name of the manufacture or supplier before disclosing your personal data and require your consent either verbally by phone or by email in order to do so.
- Under some circumstances we may be required to disclose or share your information without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, the courts or for other legal reasons.
HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We only retain personal data that’s been submitted to us for the following periods, unless otherwise required by law:
- Personal data you submit to us when requesting a product demonstration will be retained by Precision Rehab for 12 months after the scheduled demonstration date to deal with any queries regarding your request.
- Personal data you submit to us when making an enquiry or correspondence via email will be kept up to 2 years from the last date of interaction with us, for administration purposes.
- Personal data you submit to us when entering a competition or prize draw will be kept for 3 months after the closing date.
- If you have subscribed to receive email newsletters, we retain the personal data collected for as long as you are subscribed. We will contact you every 2 years to ensure you are happy to continue receiving such newsletters. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive such newsletters, you will be unsubscribed. If you unsubscribe, we keep your email address recorded on a suppression list to prevent you receiving further email newsletters from us.
After these periods, your personal data is removed for analytical reasons.
In situations where you have consented to receive email newsletters alongside your request (for example if you requested product information and consented to receive email newsletters) we will retain your name, email address and country. All other un-necessary personal data will be removed.
If legally required, or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your personal data for the applicable period during which claims may be raised (the statute of limitations), or for any mandatory retention period, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE?
All personal data you provide to Precision Rehab is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom. We use a variety of security techniques, including encryption and authentication, to help with the protection and maintain the availability, security and integrity of your personal data.
Please remember that data transmission over the internet is not guaranteed to be secure. Precision Rehab is committed to protecting your information in accordance with data protection requirements. These include:
- Restricting access to your personal data to only those who need to use it for the relevant purpose
- Keeping your personal data stored in with password protection
- Prevent unauthorised access to IT systems by using firewalls
- Permanent monitoring of IT systems to detect and stop misuse of personal data
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office